Mad Poets are students and senior citizens, at all levels of accomplishment, from those just finding and developing their poetic voice to published award-winning poets. It is a warm group of friends sharing a love of festivals: We have presented readings at the opening of I-476, the "Blue Route's Tour deBlue" Celebration, and at the courthouse steps for several consecutive Veteran's Day celebrations, to name a few past events. We have also secured a Proclamation from former Media Mayor Frank Daly proclaiming March as poetry month in Media.
Our quarterly newsletters offer the most comprehensive listing of poetry events available anywhere. Newsletters come out in spring, summer, fall and winter, and are sent to members only.
The Mad Poets Society’s business/social meetings are held quarterly at a time and location to be announced. The first hour covers treasury info, project info, planning, fundraising and club business; the second hour is for reading original poetry, critique (if desired) and socializing and camaraderie. (Prospective members may attend one meeting, meetings are for members only). Please contact us if you are attending a meeting, if you are not a member, in case of last minute changes or cancellations.
MEMBERSHIP & DONATION INFORMATION
(MEMBERSHIP: JAN 1. – DEC. 31 EACH YEAR)
Annual Membership Dues:$20.00
Silver Arts Angel:$100.00
Golden Arts Angel:$250.00
Platinum Arts Angel:$500.00
Mad Poets Saint:$2,500.00*
In addition to the knowledge that you are supporting a vital arts organization with your donation:
- Members of Mad Poets receive the Mad Poets Newsletters, a twelve page comprehensive listing of literary events in the Philadelphia area and discounts on Mad Poet merchandise.
- Arts Angels receive all above benefits, plus a Mad Poets’ “Driver has Poetic License” bumper sticker and MPS mug.
- Silver Arts Angels receives all above benefits, plus a courtesy copy of the latest Mad Poets Review and Mad Poets Tote Bag.
- Golden Arts Angels receive all above benefits, plus admission into one of the Master Classes/Workshops, plus a Mad Poet T-Shirt.
- Platinum Arts Angels receive all above benefits, plus admission to a second Master Class and one free year of membership.
- Guardian Angels receive all of the above benefits, plus admission to a third Master Class, and two free years of membership.
- Mad Poet Saints receive all of the above benefits, plus life membership in the Mad Poets Society.
*If you make a donation of over $2,500.00, we will create and support a new contest category in the PA Poetry Society competition, with either your name on the prize, or an eventual Memorial Award named in your honor; and you can choose the parameters of the category (i.e., sonnet award, any subject). But we will have to create a new “Angel” category for you!
These levels of support (Arts Angel, Silver Arts Angel, etc.) will be published in the annual volume of our literary magazine, Mad Poets Review to recognize your support and generosity. If you wish to remain anonymous, kindly advise us of your wishes at the time of your thoughtful donation.
Make checks payable to:
Mad Poets Society
P.O. Box 1248
Media, PA 19063
Mad Poets Society was organized exclusively for the purpose of promoting poetry, the spoken word and the literary arts, to raise the level of interest and education in the community and in the schools, to foster artistic growth and creative expression to poets at all levels of accomplishment and to stimulate appreciation for poetics. The making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code are tax-exempt. Help us to continue our important mission of promoting poetry and poets, and fostering the appreciation of the arts.